Does Planned Parenthood really sell baby body parts?
Watch the videos and decide for yourself.
The Center for Medical Progress, the group who went undercover and got all the footage, has obtained an advertisement to Planned Parenthood clinics from StemExpress, LLC, one of the major purchasers of Planned Parenthood’s aborted fetal tissue. This flyer advertises four different times the financial benefit that Planned Parenthood clinics can receive from supplying fetal tissue, with the words: “Financially Profitable,” “Financial Profits,” “financial benefit to your clinic,” “fiscal growth of your own clinic.” The advertisement carries an endorsement from Planned Parenthood Medical Director Dr. Dorothy Furgerson. None of this is standard across the mainstream medical field, but it is standard across Planned Parenthood’s insular and unaccountable abortion field. (source)
Since the videos came out, Planned Parenthood has admitted they do receive money for fetal baby parts and has officially changed their policy so that they no longer accept any money.
If Planned Parenthood is technically selling the baby body parts, is that legal?
Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood said exactly that on the first videotape taken secretly by David Daleiden and his team from the Center for Medical Progress posing as entrepreneurs hoping to get into the baby body parts business. Nucatola even cited prices ranging from $30 to $100. Consider someone going into a Ford dealership this afternoon and buying a car at cost. It is still a sale. It is not a “sharing” of the car, which is the way the Washington Post described the monetary transaction between Planned Parenthood and the company called StemExpress. The question is not whether Planned Parenthood sold body parts. The question is, did it make a profit? If it did, it is probably in violation of federal law. And even liberal New York University ethicist Arthur Caplan says it looks like that’s what happened in this case. (source)
Does Planned Parenthood do partial-birth abortions to harvest baby body parts?
Partial birth abortions are illegal, according to U.S. law, which defines them as procedures "in which the person performing the abortion deliberately and intentionally vaginally delivers a living fetus until, in the case of a head-first presentation, the entire fetal head is outside the body of the mother, or, in the case of breech presentation, any part of the fetal trunk past the navel is outside the body of the mother, for the purpose of performing an overt act that the person knows will kill the partially delivered living fetus."
On the first video, Nucatola describes the best strategy to extract calavarium, or skulls, intact, but it is not clear if she is speaking in general terms or if she is describing Planned Parenthood's methods. And then, she says nothing about whether the fetus is still alive when it's delivered. (source)
On a subsequent video, another Planned Parenthood abortionist, one who was trained by Dr. Nucatola, talks about how is striving to abort a baby with the head intact. (video)
Do women who are having abortions have to consent to the donation of their child’s body parts?
“At several of our health centers, we help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and we do this just like every other high-quality health-care provider does — with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards,” spokesman Eric Ferrero said. “In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.” (source)
Do the women know that the body parts are being sold?
Watching the video in which Deborah Nucatola, senior director for medical services for the Planned Parenthood Federation of America, talked to two undercover investigators using a hidden camera, what do we learn about “consent”?
This issue is touched on in several places but elaborated at length in the following response from Dr. Nucatola. (“Novogenix” is evidently a small company that harvests the organs of aborted babies.)
But the interesting thing, I’ll tell you is some people consent, some people don’t. The funny thing is the second day, when that patient actually comes back for their procedure [her late abortion], when they’re waiting, what often happens is, Novogenix will talk to people who haven’t consented, and they usually do once someone has the time and energy to sit and have the conversation with them. So, she ends up picking up several more specimens, just from being there and speaking. …The seeds have been planted, they thought about it for twenty four hours, now there’s somebody else–they’re sitting there, waiting, they’ve got nothing else to do, it’s not like one on top of the next, on top of the next. So, I think it’s always beneficial, if you have somebody who that’s just what they do…
So is this “Full appropriate consent from patients”? You’ve asked her once and she said no. The laminaria is placed in her cervix to dilate it sufficiently to allow a late abortion, the delivery of a large, dead baby. (source)
What about the health of the woman? Does the abortion procedure change in order to get specific baby body parts?
New York University ethicist Professor Arthur Caplan raised two significant red flags after viewing the now infamous video of Dr. Deborah Nucatola talking about harvesting of baby body parts…. Caplan also called into question the practice Nucatola described of performing the abortion so as not to harm the organs they want to harvest for sale. Caplan told CNN reporter Elizabeth Cohen that such a practice would be “a big no-no.”
Nucatola told undercover investigators about how Planned Parenthood abortionists would manipulate the child into what’s known as the “breech” position, that is, feet first, so that forceps would not damage the internal organs. Babies are usually born headfirst. A breech birth is not considered the safest... Caplan said, “In abortion the primary goal is the give the safest abortion possible. Your sole concern has to be the mother and her health” and not the state of the harvested organs. Caplan said it would be similar to how a doctor might treat a terminal patient if the patient is also an organ donor. He said doctor treating a patient based on how to get the best post-mortem organs would be “a huge conflict of interest…if you modify how someone dies, that’s unethical.” (source)
The videos look to be heavily edited.
Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards has repeated hundreds of times – and the media has done so right along with her - that the videos are “heavily edited” yet almost everything we view is edited – the news, movies, YouTube videos, ads, etc. Does that make less authentic? No.
In fact, Planned Parenthood hired a Democratic research firm to try to debunk the videos because they were edited. This Politico article that broke the news of about Planned Parenthood commissioning their own study on the videos being highly edited even says that the conclusion was that there was no “widespread evidence of substantive video manipulation.”
And a completely independent firm, Coalfire, was commissioned to do a forensic analysis of all of the unedited footage and found that the only parts that were taken out were scenes in which the actors took bathroom breaks or were waiting around. They found all the footage to be authentic. (source)
Additionally, all unedited footage has been posted by the Center for Medical Progress on their YouTube channel.
What exactly is shown in the videos?
The abortion business has been caught in a series of videos selling the body parts of aborted babies. The expose’ videos catching Planned Parenthood officials selling the body parts of aborted babies have shocked the nation. Here is a list of all eleven:
- In the first video: Dr. Deborah Nucatola of Planned Parenthood commented on baby-crushing: “We’ve been very good at getting heart, lung, liver, because we know that, so I’m not gonna crush that part, I’m gonna basically crush below, I’m gonna crush above, and I’m gonna see if I can get it all intact.”
- In the second video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Mary Gatter joked, “I want a Lamborghini” as she negotiated the best price for baby parts.
- In the third video: Holly O’Donnell, a former Stem Express employee who worked inside a Planned Parenthood clinic, detailed first-hand the unspeakable atrocities and how she fainted in horror over handling baby legs.
- In the fourth video: Planned Parenthood’s Dr. Savita Ginde stated, “We don’t want to do just a flat-fee (per baby) of like, $200. A per-item thing works a little better, just because we can see how much we can get out of it.” She also laughed while looking at a plate of fetal kidneys that were “good to go.”
- In the fifth video: Melissa Farrell of Planned Parenthood-Gulf Coast in Houston boasted of Planned Parenthood’s skill in obtaining “intact fetal cadavers” and how her “research” department “contributes so much to the bottom line of our organization here, you know we’re one of the largest affiliates, our Research Department is the largest in the United States.”
- In the sixth video: Holly O’Donnell described technicians taking fetal parts without patient consent: “There were times when they would just take what they wanted. And these mothers don’t know. And there’s no way they would know.”
- In the seventh and perhaps most disturbing video: Holly O’Donnell described the harvesting, or “procurement,” of organs from a nearly intact late-term fetus aborted at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte’s Alameda clinic in San Jose, CA. “‘You want to see something kind of cool,’” O’Donnell says her supervisor asked her. “And she just taps the heart, and it starts beating. And I’m sitting here and I’m looking at this fetus, and its heart is beating, and I don’t know what to think.”
- In the eighth video: StemExpress CEO Cate Dyer admits Planned Parenthood sells “a lot of” fully intact aborted babies.
- The ninth video: catches a Planned Parenthood medical director discussing how the abortion company sells fully intact aborted babies — including one who “just fell out” of the womb.
- The 10th video: catches the nation’s biggest abortion business selling specific body parts — including the heart, eyes and “gonads” of unborn babies.The video also shows the shocking ways in which Planned Parenthood officials admit that they are breaking federal law by selling aborted baby body parts for profit.
- Unreleased Videos: Unreleased videos from CMP show Deb Vanderhei of Planned Parenthood caught on tape talking about how Planned Parenthood abortion business affiliates may “want to increase revenue [from selling baby parts] but we can’t stop them…” Another video has a woman talking about the “financial incentives” of selling aborted baby body parts.
- The 11th video: catches a texas Planned Parenthood abortionist planning to sell the intact heads of aborted babies for research. Amna Dermish is caught on tape describing an illegal partial-birth abortion procedure to terminate living, late-term unborn babies which she hopes will yield intact fetal heads for brain harvesting.